1. It increases academic opportunity
Research* shows that DP graduates are much more likely to be enrolled at top higher education institutions than entrants holding other qualifications.
2. IB students care about more than just results
Through creativity, action, service (CAS) you learn outside the classroom and develop emotionally and ethically as well as intellectually.
3. It encourages you to become a confident and independent learner
For example, the extended essay requires independent research through an in-depth study.
4. It’s an international qualification
The DP is recognized globally by universities and employers.
5. Graduates are globally minded
Language classes encourage an international mindset, key for increasingly globalized societies.
6. The IB encourages critical thinking
Learn how to analyse and evaluate issues, generate ideas and consider new perspectives.
7. DP students have proven time management skills
Take good study habits and strong time management to further education and the working world.
8. It assesses more than examination techniques
Learn to understand, not just memorize facts or topics and prepare for exams.
9. Subjects are not taught in isolation
Theory of knowledge (TOK) classes encourage you to make connections between subjects.
10. It encourages breadth and depth of learning
You are able to choose courses from six subject groups and study subjects at different levels.